Baritone Uke (IW#104)


You'll notice that I am missing a couple of serial numbers.  Instrument 102 had a catastrophic delivery, meaning that I need to remake it.  Pretty devastating.  Then 103 was a quick build here in the shop and then went along with a friend, so I did not get a chance to document it.  It was a nice little Bluesmaster style of instrument.

This is a nice little baritone made for an old friend.  She now has a young daughter and apparently the daughter digs it as well, which is fantastic.  She's connected to the Reeves Theater, which is a hell of a place to hear music if you are in Western North Carolina.  I can't recommend it highly enough.  If you are near Elkin, go check it out.

At any rate, this is a short post, as I also did not do a good job of documenting this one either.  I will say that the tail graft and the headstock inlays are piano ivory, which is a practice that i intend to continue.  I think it looks 50's retro in a cool way.

No video for this one.  I have video for the next one, though.

Comments

Post a Comment