Uke Bass (IW# 061)



A couple of years ago several of us started hanging out in an informal jam session called SyraUke.  If you live in the Syracuse area check it out, it is a heck of a lot of fun. 

Here is the thing about a room full of ukes, though:  It gets a little plinky.  So I have started to occasionally play a wash tub bass just to put some bottom end into the mix.  It works out pretty well.

Then at our last meeting, a friend gifted me the body of what was a pretty nice little parlor guitar in its day.  Spruce top and redwood sides, I bet it sounded pretty good when it had a neck and strings.  Neither of which it has any more, so it clearly needed a little love.

I don't remember how I ended up with the old shovel handle, but it was just about right for the neck, and I have long been a fan of using weed whacker cord for bass strings.  So here it is, the Uke Bass:


Comments

  1. Zeke:

    I understand what you mean that uke clubs get a little "plinky." Thanks for sharing the SyraUke song book link. The Woody Guthrie song list is great all by itself.

    You might like to see "Brushy One String" he's fun to watch, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_UMRuEDcw

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment